love, sex and magic Index du Forum

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer   ProfilProfil   ConnexionConnexion 

Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   

A Sailor Of King George THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    love, sex and magic Index du Forum -> LIEUX -> L'hopital
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
welalat

Masculin
MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 12:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: A Sailor Of King George THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK Répondre en citant

A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814
by Captain Frederick Hoffman .

->>->>->>DOWNLOAD BOOK A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814

One morning sitting with my mother in the drawing room and entreating her to comply with my wish to enter the Navy, she was so intent on listening to my importunities and her patchwork that she did not observe that the cat was running away with her favourite goldfinch; the cat, with the poor bird in its mouth, was near the door, waiting to escape. Seeing what had happened, I immediately ran to the poor little bird’s assistance, but, alas! too late, as the cruel animal had torn off one of its wings.

Whilst my mother was feelingly lamenting her favourite’s untimely death, and deliberating whether the cat should be given away, the door opened, [pg 2]the culprit escaped, and Captain Elphinstone entered. On his observing my mother’s paleness, he requested to know if anything of a serious nature had occurred in the family. “No,” replied she, “except the loss of a favourite bird, which I certainly regret, as it was killed by the cat in a most distressing manner, and,” added she, “my spirits are not at this moment very good in consequence of my son’s wishing to enter the Navy.” “The first,” said he, “I lament, as it has deprived you of a pet; the latter may in the end be a matter of rejoicing. Who knows but that your son, if he enters that noble service, may turn out a second Hawke.” My ears thrilled at his remark.

“Do you really think, Captain Elphinstone,” said my mother, with a half-sorrowful countenance, “that it would be to his advantage?” “Most assuredly,” replied he, “as I think it very likely war will shortly be declared against that unhappy and distracted France, and he will have a very fair chance of making prize money, and in time will gain his promotion.”

“Quit the room a short time, my love,” said my mother to me. In about a quarter of an hour, which I thought an hour, I was sent for. Captain Elphinstone had taken his leave. I found my mother still very pale. “I am afraid, dear boy,” she began, “that Captain Elphinstone has almost persuaded me against my will. He has spoken of the prospects of the Naval Service in so favourable a manner that I am nearly tempted to let you [pg 3]enter it, and should war unhappily be declared against our unfortunate neighbours, the French, and my friend Captain Markham be appointed to a ship, I believe I must make up my mind to be quite persuaded and let you have your wish.” “Thank you, my dear mother,” replied I, overjoyed at what I knew nothing about. A short time after this conversation, war was declared against France, or rather France provoked it, and Captain Markham was appointed to the Blonde frigate. My mother instantly wrote to him; his answer was favourable, and he requested her to let me join him as soon as possible. All now was bustle and preparation. My brothers were sent for home, and begged to be allowed to go with me. Poor fellows! they little knew what they asked. In a few days I was fully equipped. I mounted my uniform, and I thought my brothers and the young friends who came to take leave of me appeared to envy me my finery, particularly my dirk, which they examined so often that I began to think they would wear it out. At length the evening arrived for me to quit my dear, happy home. My mother was sensibly affected, my sister looked serious, but my brothers, who were younger than myself—little rogues!—only looked disappointed that they could not go with me. I am sorry to say that my spirits were so buoyant that sorrow did not enter my head.

A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814 download english A Sailor of King George: THE JOURNALS OF CAPTAIN FREDERICK HOFFMAN, R.N. 1793–1814 tpb free torrent

Diamond335-340SampsonApellespp86-99VolageApellesMurray Pages 390 Language English Call number DA88.1.H7 A2 Digitizing sponsor MSN Book contributor Cornell University LibraryContributor usage rights See terms Collection cornell; americana Full catalog record MARCXML This book has an editable web page on Open Library

O1793-1814 by Hoffman, Frederick W Published 1901 Topics Bevan, AppMurray Pages 392 Possible copyright status NOTINCOPYRIGHT Language English Call number SRLFUCLA:LAGE-1625957 Digitizing sponsor MSN Book contributor University of California Libraries Collection cdl; americana Full catalog record MARCXML This book has an editable web page on Open LibraryN., F.R.S., "the circumnavigator" Oct 20, 2009 10/09 by Kitson, Arthur, 1860-1937 texts eye 434 favorite 1 comment 0 American Libraries 576 576 The life-work of George Frederick Watts, R

Vol IIBeing the journals of Captain RNWOLRYCHE-WHITMOREDiamondpp 48a4f088c3

Constructing Genocide and Mass Violence: Society, Crisis, Identity (Routledge Studies in Genocide and Crimes against Humanity)Life Is Better With A Japanese Chin Scrapbook and Journal: Dog Vaccination Record, Puppy Baby Book and Memory Book (Dog Scrapbook)Slabbing. Conical Figures.: Figures based on cone shapes.Lights and Shades of Missionary Life: Containing Travels, Sketches, Incidents, and Missionary Efforts, During Nine Years Spent in the Region of Lake Superior...+mehr+vom+Pferd%21%3A+Vom+Arbeitstier+zum+Sport-+und+Freizeitpferd+%28German+Edition%29History World War II Photo Book VOL.9: WWII Documentary, WWII Books For Kids, Military History, United States History, World War Suspenders, World War ... Books (World War Picture Books) (Volume 9)Erlebte Geschichte. (Erinnerungen von Kurt Schubert) (German Edition)Power of the Dog: 10 Short STORIES from the DOGMAN Vol. 6 (DogMan Stories)Joshua KO's Klitschko: Will Tyson Fury Be NextLessons from the Prairie: The Surprising Secrets to Happiness, Success, and (Sometimes Just) Survival I Learned on America's Favorite Show

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 12:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    love, sex and magic Index du Forum -> LIEUX -> L'hopital Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation